The Mahoning County Republican Organization in collaboration with the Afternoons with Tracey and Friends, WSOM, and the Radio Center along with local organizations and businesses, will continue collecting nonperishable items and new blankets for victims of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey, and will l be distributing these items in partnership with the Salvation Army of New Jersey
The Destruction of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey has not let up and there are thousands of people still in their home without electricity and heat. In various neighborhoods leaving their homes could cause for further heartache and devastation because of looting.
We will be collecting non-perishable food items, batteries, hand warmers and new blankets from Nov. 10 through Nov. 15, departing Fri., Nov. 16, and hand distributing these items Sat., Nov. 17, to various hard hit areas.
The following locations are designated collection points throughout the Mahoning Valley:
1. Mahoning County Republican Headquarters 621 Boardman-Canfield Rd, Youngstown, OH 330-629-7006 M-F, 1pm to 6pm Sat/Sun 9am to 1pm.
2. Ambassador Technologies, 3622 Belmont Ave, Liberty Twp., OH (Behind McDonalds) 330-759-9700 M-F 11am to 6pm, Sat Noon to 5pm.
3. Fit Family, 45 No Canfield Rd, Route 46, Suite 200 Austintown, OH 44515. M-F 7am to 6pm 330-793-4466.
4. Nemenz IGA Food Stores, 655 Creed St, Struthers, OH 44471 and 2980 McCartney Rd (Lincoln Knolls Plaza) Youngstown, Oh
5. Ryan’s Chair 2935 Glenwood Ave, Youngstown, OH 330-782-7599
6. Charlie Staples BBQ 372 W. Rayen Ave, Youngstown, OH 445020 330-783-7427 M-Sat Noon- 9pm
Facts about the Salvation Army of New Jersey: Since Hurricane Sandy The Salvation Army in New Jersey has served over 63,000 meals, 86,000 snacks, 80,000 bottles of water; Has given out over 3,000 Blankets (And 6000 on order), 1,000 Hygiene Kits, 3,500 Bags of Food; Has spent more than 1,700 man hours doing Spiritual Care for families and individuals; Has 12 mobile feeding Canteens serving 16 Shelters; and has 3 Shelters that we have setup for housing and feeding people.
All items will be hand delivered in person Sat, Nov 17 and all monetary donations should be make out to East Orange Salvation Army.
Volunteer to help, drive, or assist in loading please call 330-629-7006 or Tracey at 330-720-0000 or email@example.com.